The Information Pack for Applicants, available as a download below, is a handbook to help guide you through the admissions process.
To apply for a day place in Year 7 2024:
- Select "Hockerill (Day)" as one of your preference schools on your Local Authority Common Application Form. by 31 October 2023.
To apply for a boarding place in Year 7 2024:
- Select "Hockerill (Boarding)" as one of your preference schools on your Local Authority Common Application Form by 31 October 2023.
- Submit a Supplementary Information Form (SIF) to Hockerill. Please contact admissions@hockerill if you have applied to your Local Authority for a boarding place but have not yet submitted a SIF.
- Your child will be invited to attend a Boarding Suitability Interview during the Michaelmas term as part of the boarding admissions process.
Bishops Stortford Education Trust has produced a Guide to the Secondary Admissions Process which is available as a download below.
The Language and Music aptitude tests for Year 7 2024 will take place on Saturday 23 September. You will need to register your child to sit the music and/ or language aptitude test/s by 0900 on Monday 18 September. Registration has now closed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not register but wish to.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- If you wish to apply for a boarding place at the College then there is no requirement to sit the aptitude tests as aptitude allocations are made for day places only.
- We do not provide any past test papers.
- Further information on the aptitude tests is available in our Admissions Policy for 2024 entry available as a download below.
- The aptitude tests do not assess a child's current ability, but rather their aptitude for language or music
- The Language Aptitude Test does not test prior knowledge of an additional language
- Children are not asked to perform on an instrument in the Music Aptitude Test
Our Open Morning for Year 7 2024 entry will took place on Saturday 16 September 2023 from 0830-1230.