IB Results 2018
How to obtain IBDP results
Students may access their results from the IB website https://candidates.ibo.org from 13.45GMT (14.45 BST) on July 6 using personal codes and PINS available from managebac. It is recommended that candidates use Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer to access the website.
If students and parents / guardians wish to discuss either results or university admission, a team of senior staff will be available for consultation throughout the summer. Contact Reception for a phone consultation or an appointment.
University place confirmations
Universities generally email students and update the UCAS website. This does not always happen immediately so be prepared to be patient.
If a student narrowly misses a university offer
They should get in contact with the team on July 6 or 9. The College will support students by providing information, help and advice. Students need to contact institutions directly as universities will generally not speak to schools or parents. This even applies if the student is out of the country. Please be aware that when students do not make their offer, final decisions might not be taken by universities until the week of A- level results (Thursday, August 16). If however a successful re-mark, means an offer is met, then universities will usually confirm places earlier.
Requesting a re-mark
· Students can request a re-mark by completing a Consent Form (which is also available on managebac) and making the payment to the Finance Department.
· When results are accessed, students will be able to view their overall total mark by subject together with details of lower and upper boundaries for the grade awarded.
· A re-mark request will be approved by the College if the mark achieved is within close proximity of the upper grade boundary. This will need to be authorised by a senior member of staff.
· As a re-mark may result in the award of a lower grade, candidates will need to sign a Consent Form which is available on request or may be downloaded from the College website.
· Re-marks can only be requested for a subject or Extended Essay, not individual external examination papers.
· Re-marking does not include Multiple Choice Papers or Internal Assessment.
· There is no guarantee that a re-mark outcome will be received before A level results are published, neither is there any guarantee that requesting a re-mark will help secure a university place if a student narrowly misses a conditional offer.
· Students will be notified by e-mail of the outcome of re-mark requests by the College as soon as possible after this information is received from the IB. Candidates may also check the results website for any change of grade by using their PIN.
· We recommend that all re-marks are requested as soon as possible after July 6.
Fees for re-marks
£72.00 per subject plus a one-off £10.00 administrative fee is payable.
Both payment and a signed Consent Form are required before any request can be processed. Payment can be made by contacting the College Finance Department (01279 658451) or by completing a Credit Card Payment Form. Please send both forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests must be received by Wednesday, September 12 in order to meet the IB deadline.
Students wishing to retake one or more subjects in the May 2019 session should contact the Examinations Officer (email@example.com) in September for details of deadlines and fees.
Students missing both offers are entitled to enter ‘Clearing’ though UCAS. The Clearing system advertises vacancies for degree courses from July 5 onwards; decisions are made quickly by universities, often on the same day when contacted directly. Courses can be applied for through Clearing regardless of which subject an applicant originally applied for. Clearing vacancies will be available at www.ucas.com/results-clearing. Eligible applicants can add a Clearing choice in Track.
UCAS also offers an ‘Adjustment’ service. Adjustment is an optional service for students who meet and exceed the conditions of their firm choice. It gives them an opportunity to reconsider where and what to study, without losing their secured place. Further information regarding ‘Adjustment’ is available at www.ucas.com/results-clearing
Consent Form - Please click here for a Consent Form
Credit Card Payment Form - Please click here for a Credit Card Payment Form